[3830] PhFray N7MZW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7mzw1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] PhFray N7MZW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2017 04:27:19 +0000
Phone Fray - Apr 5

Call: N7MZW
Operator(s): N7MZW
Station: N7MZW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Cheyenne, Wyoming
Operating Time (hrs): .5 Hr.

  160:   0      0
   80:   0      0
   40:  26     15
   20:   0      0
   15:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  26     15  Total Score = 390

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

[log removed from comments]

START-OF-LOG: 3.0
CREATED-BY: N3FJP's NAQP Contest Log 3.9
CONTEST: NAQP-SSB
CALLSIGN: N7MZW
LOCATION: WY
CATEGORY-OPERATOR: SINGLE-OP
CATEGORY-STATION: FIXED
CATEGORY-TRANSMITTER: ONE
CATEGORY-POWER: LOW
CATEGORY-ASSISTED: NON-ASSISTED
CATEGORY-BAND: ALL
CATEGORY-MODE: SSB
CATEGORY-TIME: .5 HRS.
CLUB: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado
CLAIMED-SCORE: 390
OPERATORS: N7MZW
NAME: Chuck Williams
ADDRESS: Chuck Williams
ADDRESS: 3601 Dillon Ave Apt B
ADDRESS: Cheyenne, WY
ADDRESS: 82001
EMAIL: n7mzw1@gmail.com
SOAPBOX: My first Phone Fray, and I started 4 minutes late! Kenwood TS-940S,
Heil BM-10, and a HEAVY DUTY WA2NAN 102 ft. G5RV, up 40 feet, running N-S at
6,053 feet elevation from Laramie County, Wyoming. This was fun. I heard zero
stations on 20 at the start, and zero stations on 75 and 160 (at the very end)
as well. Every one of my 26 Q's were worked on 40 meters. Nice to work Y31YB in
Belize for the mult. 14 states were the other mults., they were:
CA,IN,AZ,WA,OH,AR,FL,GA,IL,MD,NJ,SC,TX, and WI. Lots of QRN on 40 meters when
your QTH is over a mile high! The "Please Copy",
"Roger,Roger", and other redundant information is always a waste of
time,and even more so in a contest of only 30 minutes duration. I lost one Op
in deep signal fading...Sorry O.M.!, but everyone else was worked on my first
or second try I heard one station that I had previously worked SLOWLY
explaining the contest format on the suggested 40 meter event frequency.,so I
tried running about 5 Kc's above or below 7.175. Thanks for the email
invitation to participate in the Phone Fray. I had a ball, and will play again
whenever I am available on a Tuesday evening. November Seven Many Zebras
Walking. Chuck, in Cheyenne, WY.
END-OF-LOG: