[3830] MoQP W0E(KI0I) Rover Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MoQP W0E(KI0I) Rover Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2017 04:29:50 +0000
Missouri QSO Party

Call: W0E
Operator(s): KI0I
Station: W0E/M

Class: Rover Single Op LP
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
----------------------------
Total:  981    104      0  Mults = 69  Total Score = 142,692

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

Band   Mode  QSOs     Pts  Mul  Pt/Q
   3.5  CW     158     316   10   2.0
   3.5  LSB     16      16    7   1.0
     7  CW     450     900   26   2.0
     7  LSB      8       8    0   1.0
    14  CW     373     746   25   2.0
    14  USB     77      77    1   1.0
    21  CW       1       2    0   2.0
   144  FM       3       3    0   1.0
 Total  Both  1086    2068   69   1.9
Score: 142,692
1 Mult = 15.7 Q's

Well,for less than great band condx , the numbers came in very well.
A nice run for 2017 MOQP, no rig problems and no need for a TOW ROPE ! I set up
a new vehicle for this year, with a first time Screwdriver antenna for 40 and
80m. That plus a duo of hamsticks on another mount gave me three bands at fast
access. I started with 15/20 stix and the NO5E scrwdiver set on 40m. As the
daylight grew short I tuned the NO5E down to 80 and swapped the 15 stick for a
40. Both combos worked well together on my old gmc truck. I had tested in the
driveway and a few miles on the road. Once the contest got under way I realized
the injectors were very noisy at highway speed ! RATS ! In a few cases of weaker
signals I had to let off the gas so I could coy better. As I got into the hilly
country down south I'd "CQ" uphill and listen on the coast downhill
!
Sunday morning I did a fast re-rigging to my 99 Taurus that I've used in the
past with some noise on 15m that I knew wouldn't be in use anyway. This setup
was the same Icom 7100 and Hamstix but no screwdriver aboard. I put 40-20m
whips on the roof using a tri-mag mount and threaded 15m on a rear mount just
in case 15 came in . It did not!
My one and only 15m QSO was with N0UMP in Cass co as I was in Benton near
Windsor MO. What a shocker! Bill's qth is 2-3 blocks from my home qth in Garden
City MO.
A party highlight was working K4BAI from RAY co , an ATNO for him! Congrats
John!
Many folks following with multiple QSO's made for a pretty active 2 day event.

Special thanks to K1RO with an amazing 80 qsos and N6MU with 48.. OM2VL
34..K4MM 32..N8II 28..K3WJV 23 and a host of others with many Q's. You all kept
me hoppin around!
This years log was down a couple hundred Q's from last year but hey,
considering the band condx I'll take it!
Many interesting accounts of events on the Facebook page and here on the
reflector,it's much agreed bands were poor.
My thanks goes out to Randy , Mike and the other BEARS members who organize our
state QSO party !
And thank you all for trying to work a weak little mobile signal wandering
around the countryside!
73 from W0E til next year ,
Mark KI0I