[3830] GaQP VE9AA Single OpCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] GaQP VE9AA Single OpCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 00:33:39 +0000
Georgia QSO Party

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: Single OpCW HP
QTH: NB
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

  160:      1
   80:     15
   40:     40
   20:     45
   15:
   10:
    6:
------------------------
Total:    101       0  CW-Dig Mults = 50  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 10,100

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

An hour here, 10 mins there.

Was able to work a handful of GA stns by CQing, but surprised by the number of
out of state fellas (& EU's) that called me.  I can't imagine that when my
CQ was usually something along the lines of:
'CQ GA CQ GA VE9AA GQP' that they thought I was really in Georgia? (The VE
prefix should've been a real big hint, hi hi !)...but it's all good. Just
havin' fun, so whatever.

Looks like the W4AN/m operation didn't take off, but I did work John and Jeff
separately.

Sorry I could not QSY to 160m for a sked John, but I had to QRT.

Did manage 1 GA QSO on 160m near the end, and not in total darkness either.

At roughly 1300miles, GA is just about at the limits of what I can do on 40m
during full sun, but even so, mostly only home stations were workable until an
hour or so before sundown and then I did have fun hunting the mobiles.

20m was OK, but not a peep on 15m.  I even alternated/dual CQ'd both
afternoons, but only lit up the PJ2A skimmer on 15m and lots of others on 20m
of course.

80m was a struggle (QRN + SUN), but there were a few home stns and a couple
mobile Q's made at the end.

All in all, I felt activity was down from previous years, but I didn't put in a
full time effort.

Thanks to all the GA stns for getting on !
Worked all the 1x1 special event N4-single letter callsigns.

Notable mobiles: N0G, N4N, KN4Y....home stn John, K4BAI in here most of the
contest.

WTG Guys

Antennas for Radio 1:
10m = A3S ()what's 10m?()
15m = Wire 5el K1WA/K3LR SVDA (100% parasitic + homebrew)
20m = Wire + Aluminum 4-square (Comtek)
40m = Wire 4-square in the trees (Comtek)
80m = Wire 4-square in the trees (Comtek)
160m = Wire 2-el array of inverted L’s in the trees (Comtek w/ homebrew
controller)
Antenna for Radio 2
ZS6BKW w/ 15m inv vee add-on (@avg height ~15ft due to recent ice storm)

No RX antennas

Rigs: 2 x IC-7410’s, YCCC SO2R+ box, N3ZN ZN-9 paddle, Yamaha CM500 headset,
N1MM+ logger
(Usually LP but have 2 small 600w amps when doing HP in select contests)

CU (all of  sudden) in the next one!

dit dit

-Mike VE9AA in NB