[3830] MoQP K5YAA Rover Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, g.j.jerry.chouinard@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] MoQP K5YAA Rover Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 16:18:11 +0000
Missouri QSO Party

Call: K5YAA
Operator(s): NW0M K5YAA
Station: K5YAA

Class: Rover Multi-Op HP
QTH: 13 Counties
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5

  160:    0      0      0
   80:    0      0      0
   40:  167      0      0
   20:  191     15      0
   15:    0      0      0
   10:    0      0      0
----------------------------
Total:  358     15      0  Mults = 42  Total Score = 30,702

Club:

Comments:

Between a number of "mechanical" difficulties and a very tired K5YAA
this inaugural run for Mitch, Nw0M became simply a disaster. The years are
passing swiftly now and this old op needs to rest in between long trips. A
drive to New Palestine, IN for a long time Navy buddy's funeral Bob, WA9JWR and
not sleeping or eating well enough before the MOQP took it's toll. I have
learned my lesson. Bob Applegate and I were together in avionics school and
flew over the North Atlantic out of Newfoundland and Keflavik, Iceland during
the years 1962 through 1964. My three boys middle names are the same as his
middle name.

Unfortunately a rather sad score this time. I understand conditions were a
complete washout on Sunday so only the balance of Saturday's 14 hours would
likely have been possible anyway.

Thanks to the great sponsors of the Missouri QSO Party and we shall try again
next year.

73, Mitch and Jerry - NW0M and K5YAA

The Rig: That same K3, Solid State amp, HP Tarheel and a 20 meter HP Hustler.
Logging N1MM+.