[3830] 144SprngSprnt K3TUF Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 144SprngSprnt K3TUF Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 02:57:21 +0000
144 MHz Spring Sprint

Call: K3TUF
Operator(s): K3TUF
Station: K3TUF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN10
Operating Time (hrs): 2.7

Total:  QSOs = 67  Mults = 26  Total Score = 1,742

Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

Comments:

Great to get back on and hear everyone. I was going great guns working stations
left and right and just like that; after about 40 minutes, there no longer any
output.
So had to put the diagnostic hat on. Brought the Maestro out to the shed under
the tower and when I transmit I see smoke shooting out of the T/R connector.
Fried the cable going to the antenna.
Make up another cable, and back on the air.  But the momentum was lost.
Ended up with 67 Contacts in 26 grids.
So nice to get on and work everyone once again. Thanks to the sponsors.
73, Phil K3TUF