[3830] MiQP KT8K Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt8k@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] MiQP KT8K Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 06:21:32 +0000
Michigan QSO Party

Call: KT8K
Operator(s): KT8K
Station: KT8K

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: EN82 SE Michigan
Operating Time (hrs): 9:07

   80:   82     4
   40:   63     2
   20:   16     1
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
--------------------
Total:  161     7  CW Mults = 52  Ph Mults = 6  Total Score = 19,082

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Toughest conditions I can remember.  I fooled N1MM+ into thinking I took time
off, just because I couldn't be heard for more than a half hour several times.

Still, it was fun, and I coped with the frustration of 7 QSO's per hour, hour
after hour.

It was great to hear a lot of other Mad River folks on the air, but conditions
made it sound like there was almost no participation.

Thanks for the QSO's, and to all who listened hard to hear me.  Believe me, I
was surprised how often I was listening hard, too.
72 to all de kt8k - Tim

station equipment:
- Tentec Orion, MFJ Grandmaster Memory Keyer with Bencher BY-1 paddle
- XP laptop running N1MM+ (and nothing else!)
- homebrew RS-232 to keying interface (thanks Dan KB6NU - catch his blog!)

Antennas:
- 20/40/80m multi-wire dipole at 30 feet, fed with RG8x
- 40/80m wire vertical fed with TV twin lead and LDG Z-11 autotuner, feed
point
at 12 feet above ground, 2 radials per band

Thanks for enjoying my ham radio (and other) songs:
"I Want a Big Tower" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNWZjzrzgwA
"If You Ain't Runnin', You Ain't Winnin'"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNWZjzrzgwA
All this and more at www.youtube.com/themandolinmaniac  "I LIVE for those
hits!" (and QSO's)