[3830] 144SprngSprnt K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 144SprngSprnt K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 21:14:53 +0000
144 MHz Spring Sprint

Call: K9JK/R
Operator(s): K9JK
Station: C0ROVEROLLA

Class: Rover LP
QTH: IL-EN51/52/61/62
Operating Time (hrs): 2

Club:

Comments:

Nice weather conditions and decent activity in the northwest suburban
area of Chicago-land, helped by three other local Rovers out and about,
but, as usually happens, it had definitely quieted down by the end of
the second hour so I wrapped it up.

And it probably didn't help that I was using JUST a mag mount vertical
instead of a horizontally polarized antenna.

Mults total is based on 'classic' Rover scoring; count mults separately
from each Grid-4 visited and add them up. I did not manage to work any
grid locators outside of the four I visited.

Breakdown by Grid-4s I visited:

Grid Qs Ms
EN51 12  4
EN52 12  4
EN61 12  4
EN62 12  4
Tot. 48 16 = 768

Total DX - 931 km

Close to 2016's Spring QSO and Mult. counts, but MUCH less distance.

Best DX were my QSOs from EN61ax and EN62aa to W9ZIH in EN51nv at 77 km.

Only 7 different calls worked, but worked ALL of them from all four of
the Grid-4s I visited (including a 'full' dance with one other rover and
'half' dances with two more rovers).

Thanks to Kent, KA2KQM, and Mike, WB8BZK, for their continued work as the
Spring Sprint hosting team and to Central States for their sponsorship.

Thanks also to ALL who were on and participated in the 2017 144 MHz Spring
Sprint.

73, JK