[3830] SPDX RTTY VA7ST SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SPDX RTTY VA7ST SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 22:25:42 +0000
SPDX RTTY Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 3:20

   80:   1     1
   40:   6     1
   20:  28     5
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  35     7  Continents = 3  Total Score = 4,200

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions were down there with the worst we’ve seen in a long time, turning
the SP International DX and BARTG 75 RTTY contests into mostly domestic
affairs.

From here in VE7, continent multipliers were very scarce in both contests.
Didn't hear anything from OC, AS or AF in either RTTY test this weekend.

Things seemed marginally better on Sunday than they were on Saturday (in the
SPDX I worked an  EA through QSB on Saturday around the aurora, but on Sunday
in BARTG I somehow managed 9A1 directly through the middle of a raging auroral
zone).

The downturn in radio activity allowed me a rainy spring weekend to continue
work on the new contesting-focused podcast, Zone Zero, which launched last week
at http://zone.va7st.ca. It’s the latest layer of the casual contester’s
notebook I’ve been keeping over the past 15 years or so.

Now we look ahead to a series of QSO parties while we await CQ WPX CW in late
May. That one will be a real trial of patience if this weekend’s conditions
repeat a month from now.

73,

-- Bud VA7ST
Zone Zero contesting podcast | http://zone.va7st.ca