[3830] CWopsT N8XX QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8xx@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] CWopsT N8XX QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 03 May 2017 22:23:02 +0000
CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z May 3

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: BASS RIVER SRA, MI
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:   0
   80:   0
   40:  25
   20:   0
   15:   0
   10:   0
------------
Total:  25  Mults = 25  Total Score = 625

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Very interesting place - the Bass River State Recreation Area, in Ottawa County,
Michigan.  Excellent weather, light wind, about 15 °C tempeature, mainly
sunshine.  This is close to the Grand River, so did not expect fantastic
propagation. However, the only real problem I had was that I didn't fasten the
support pole adequately, and the antenna fell down about 1/2 way through.  I
was able to resurrect it and fasten it sufficient for the rest of the event.
Lost less than 10 minutes, but on an hour event, every minute counts.

Another interesting contact was at the very first of the CWT. A fellow who
called me was doing probably 5 to 8 WPM, and I complied with his speed, so it
took over 2 minutes for the exchang. But, that's what CWops is all about,
encourage folks at any point in their learning cycle.

Besides the 25 Q's during the contest, I found 4 ops prior to the test who
wanted a Parks on the Air contact, and I had promised to switch to 30 meters
after the test, where I found one contact on 101101.1 KHz.  He gave me a CWT
contact, even though it didn't count!