[3830] 7QP NA6O SO(A)CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP NA6O SO(A)CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 May 2017 21:58:41 +0000
7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: NA6O
Operator(s): NA6O
Station: NA6O

Class: SO(A)CW HP
QTH: Livermore, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 13.5

  160:
   80:   67
   40:  129
   20:  106
   15:    7
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  309     0       0  Mults = 151  Total Score = 139,977

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

TS-590s, KPA500, verticals (TX), dipoles at 15 ft (RX), N1MM+

Decided to go semi-high power this year and put in more time, both to good
effect.  7QP is really well organized with good coverage of some remote areas.
Also worked a bunch from NEQP and my annual one (1) DE. Conditions pretty good
especially 80. Thank heavens my noise level was fairly low this time. Kept a
constant watch on 15 and QSYed there anytime I saw a new blip. Spotted everyone
I heard there, over and over, trying to get people's attention that there WERE
openings.

Hats off to the rovers and line-sitters! Those guys were everywhere. Some I
worked three or four times in an hour, either in different counties or on
different bands. Here's my QSO count for the big five:  N7WA 16, N7N 15, WW7D
12, N7XU 11, K7RE 6. So that's 60 QSOs from just those stations, and many
mults. Doubled my score over last year.

I've always done pure S&P in other state's QSO parties and basically did
that again. Would have missed most of those rovers if I was running all the
time. But I did run for a total of about 45 min near the end of 7QP, switching
between 40 and 80. While I didn't get many callers, a surprising number were
new mults. In any case, the most important thing is frequent band changes
instead of sitting on a fished-out band for too long.

Made sure this posted score is as accurate as possible by exporting the log
from N1MM, sorting by county, and separating out the other QSO parties.

FB contest. CU again next year!