[3830] 7QP N7N(@W6GJB/P) Cnty Exped M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP N7N(@W6GJB/P) Cnty Exped M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 18:16:27 +0000
7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: N7N
Operator(s): W6GJB W6JTI K9YC
Station: W6GJB/P

Class: Cnty Exped M/M HP
QTH: UT
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:
   80:   460    84
   40:  1010    96
   20:   905   114
   15:    44
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  2419   294      0  Mults = 68  Total Score = 533,256

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was a full time operation from portable setups on three county lines and
mobile operation between those setups. W6JTI and K9YC were the operators when
we were portable. W6GJB was our team leader, built the contesting trailer, did
much of the setup and teardown at each county line site, and drove his pickup
towing the trailer between sites while W6JTI worked 20 CW riding shotgun.

Our first site was at about 3800 ft elevation at the highway 95 bridge over the
Colorado River, which is the county line between San Juan and Garfield counties.
 The site is sort of in a broad valley. Our second site was 130 miles to the
west, on Rte 24 at the Wayne/Piute Co line; our final setup was a few miles
away on Rte 25 at the Piute/Sevier county line. The last two sites were at
about 8,400 ft elevation, and had good dropoffs in all directions.

Our setup is shown in k9yc.com/7QP.pdf  The two stations in the trailer are K3,
P3, KPA500, and KAT500, with double stubs on the 80M and 40M feedlines to kill
second harmonics of the power amps. Antennas were a C3SS and dipoles for 80 and
40M. In the truck was a KX3, PX3, and KXPA100 feeding a Ham Stick.

Our entry is in the Unlimited class.