[3830] WPX CW NM5M SO(A)AB(TS) LP

To: 3830@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, nm5meric@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NM5M SO(A)AB(TS) LP
From: webform@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 28 May 2017 18:18:54 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NM5M
Operator(s): NM5M
Station: NM5M

Class: SO(A)AB(TS) LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
  160:
   80:   10
   40:  251
   20:  221
   15:   46
   10:    7
------------

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

Friday evening was suprisingly good, 20m over the pole signals were plentiful,
and 40 was full of strong Eu signals.  Interesting to hear Italy on 15m
Saturday at 2130 UTC, he could not hear my 100W signal, but was S7 or better on
the K3.  Saturday evening there were no polar stations to work from my QTH on
20m and many signals had auroral sound effects on 40m.  Decided to call CQ on
40 and pick up USA mults, logged about 100 stations in 2 hours using my newly
installed 40m center loaded vertical (thanks to W5CWO for machining an
insulator.  The antenna worked fine and I look forward to trying it out in IARU
in July.
I stopped operating at about 0400 UTC and that was the end of the contest for
me.

Station Config:
- Cushcraft R6000 vertical for 10-20
- 20 ft tall center loaded vertical for 40 (with two ele radials)
- A wire laying on my roof on 80 that has always worked well to the NE on 20m
and helped me work many polar stations as well as Eu on Sat afternoon

Rigs: K3/100 x 2, a homebrew triplexer, KK1L Switch and Dunestar filters.

Good times!