[3830] WPX CW N4CW M/S HP

To: 3830@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, n4cw@xxxxxxx
Subject: [3830] WPX CW N4CW M/S HP
From: webform@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 03:21:59 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: N4CW
Operator(s): N4CW W4TMO
Station: N4CW

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 29:32

------------
  160:
   80:    8
   40:  411
   20:  461
   15:   82
   10:   43
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Jim, W4TMO, and I paired up to do a multi/single at my station, a K3/P3/KPA500.
The antennas are an old X9 up 30M and a rotary dipole for 40 just below it. For
80 there's an inverted-vee with the apex at 60 feet.

Friday evening was terrific! Rates were around 100/hour for four hours! Then,
80M happened...there went the rate! Enough of that and went to bed, rising with
the sun, bands were slow to open, then Jim came and relieved me until lunch
time. He slugged it out and after a casual lunch, I took over. Bands were okay,
but we were plagued by S-6 noise level towards Europe...I suspect a lightning
arrestor nearby!

Sunday was slow, all day! Jim operated all morning into noon because I had to
tend to the dog and go to church with xyl. Returned home for lunch, then I took
over from Jim. I quit right after hitting 1000 Q's, a "personal
best"!!!

Great fun in my favorite contest with capable assistance from my son-in-law!

73 and thanks for the patience and Q's...Bert, N4CW