[3830] WPX CW AC11U(N11UR) SOAB HP

To: 3830@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [3830] WPX CW AC11U(N11UR) SOAB HP
From: webform@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 12:07:48 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: AC11U
Operator(s): N11UR
Station: N1UR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 34.5
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:   82
   40:  768
   20: 1353
   15:  132
   10:   17
------------

Club:

Comments:

Well that was interesting.  Great prop for the first 20 hours, then
BAM and out went the lights.  I should have stuck around for an
extra hour on 40 the first night - oh well.  A little bell should
have gone off when 20M was open to EU at EU sunrise.  Thats not
typical for 80 SFI from here.

I concentrated on EU, JA, SA for 3 and 6 pointers.  It cost me Qs
but wasn't bad on score.  Seems like more people are joining the
dual CQ wagon.  Its changing the game somewhat.  Still evaluating
whether its "better".

Excellent JA activity.  SA was very slow.  The SSB version has a lot
of SA activity.  EU is always abundant.  US is much stronger for SSB
because of the holiday weekend here.  Although, interestingly, it
does not pick up much for the occaisional time its not on that weekend.

There are a few stations that its amazing to see cannot hear.  S9 and
deaf to a 4/4 with 1.5kW?  Really?  The skimmer trend is making a number
of things happen.  Calls from very light DX which is great.  Long path
and fringe openings.  But also calls from people that cannot really hear
you.  They have the call from skimmer but I gave up on a few that could
not get the number.  And the dupes - my god the dupes.  It has risen
many fold with skimmer.  I will let the skimmer crowd answer that.  If
its so bloody good, then my call should have been right the first time
 - right?  I think one thing that happens is if a calling station times
its call to me just right  and repeats their call - it looks like a new
station calling CQ on my frequency.  And of course the skimmer mob sees
it - and drops in the call without listening.  Thats at least one theory.

A great contest as always.  Fabulous runs at times.  Nothing like a K of 7
CME to change the dynamics real quick.  04Z on 40M calling CQ to EU for
10 mins without a call was all it took for me to catch some sleep.

See you in IARU.

73

Ed  N1UR/AC1U