[3830] WPX CW VC3T(VE3DZ) SOAB(TS) HP

To: 3830@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ve3dz@xxxxxx
Subject: [3830] WPX CW VC3T(VE3DZ) SOAB(TS) HP
From: webform@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 18:19:11 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VC3T
Operator(s): VE3DZ
Station: VE3DZ

Class: SOAB(TS) HP
QTH: FN03ke
Operating Time (hrs): 35.5
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:   10
   80:  122
   40:  709
   20: 1276
   15:  123
   10:   14
------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

This is my farewell to Tribander sub-category, at least from home station. The
40 m is on a top of the tower now, just waiting for the coax to be connected.
Probably, this coming week. Couldn't do it in time for the contest.
Borrowed an MLA2500 from VE3ZF (Thanks, Igor!) for the 2nd radio amp, so
finally my setup started to look like a very approximate proximity to the real
SO2R HP setups... :-) Slowly I'm getting there.
Stupidly wasted all my break time on Saturday (was tired after a hard week +
other obligations), so on Sunday morning and early afternoon instead of running
guys like crazy I was doing 40-50 Q's an hour (at most) watching photos of the
Aurora lights on my friend Mike VA3MW Facebook page. :-) Oh well. Rule # 1 for
WPX - do as much as you can in the first day!
Honestly, i think I've only experienced worse conditions once, while operating
from Zone 2 about 10-11 years ago...
So many key clicks from EU and U.S. stations! I'm considering about purchasing
an old FT-1000MP with no key clix mod for the next contest season and use it as
a main radio to preserve my run frequency! :-)

I hope I didn't annoy you too much with this unusual call (spent more than 5
minutes on one PR7 station who couldn't understand my VC3 pfx...)
Thanks to all for the contacts!