[3830] WPX CW KE1S(@W1AN) M/2 HP

To: 3830@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KE1S(@W1AN) M/2 HP
From: webform@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 20:35:40 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KE1S
Operator(s): W1WBB K1DM K3IU W1AN
Station: W1AN

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 29

------------
  160:    5
   80:  140
   40:  744
   20:  938
   15:  123
   10:   22
------------

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

20M was the big surprise Friday at start. Plenty of stations across the pond,
north, south, east and west past midnite. Very strange considering we're near
the bottom of the solar cycle. We paid dearly for Friday conditions after noon
on Saturday. The contest turned a Qs per CQ into a CQs per Q event. Many an
unanswered call and countless repeats and one way propagation. All bands nearly
dead until Sunday afternoon when life slowly returned. Found out later about the
CME.

Our score was half of last years, but we enjoyed the struggle just the same.
73, John W1AN