[3830] WPX CW XO1X(@VY1JA) M/S HP

To: 3830@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ve3ki@xxxxxx
Subject: [3830] WPX CW XO1X(@VY1JA) M/S HP
From: webform@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 12:00:01 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: XO1X
Operator(s): VE3KI W1VE
Station: VY1JA

Class: M/S HP
QTH: YT
Operating Time (hrs): 21:15
Remote Operation

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:    4
   20:  591
   15:    3
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

Thanks to VY1JA for making his station available and keeping it running for us.
Propagation from within the auroral zone is usually challenging even without
the auroral displays we had this weekend. Conditions had been very good a day
or two before the contest using the CI1AAA call sign, but the good conditions
didn't last long into the contest. Our best time was Friday evening local time,
including a 90/hr run. Things slowed down on Saturday, and by the end of the
first day they were down to a crawl; we made a grand total of 20 contacts after
0000Z Sunday.
The amp was limited to 20 meters, so we made almost all of our contacts on that
band. As is often the case from here, we could hear better than we were heard,
even with the amp.
It has been a long time since the XO1 prefix was activated, and it seemed to
give some people fits.