[3830] CWopsT VE9AA/M LP

To: 3830@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [3830] CWopsT VE9AA/M LP
From: webform@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 19:49:59 +0000
CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z May 31

Call: VE9AA/M
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NB
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  30
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  30  Mults = 30  Total Score = 900

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Scorpion antenna really rocks on 20m.  Was pleased to work a handful of loud EU
and some west coast like Scotty/W7SW and VA (K7SV) out to the N8BJQ etc in
Midwest was loud here too! (much better than on the  w/e)

My apologies to ON4UN, who reported my CW as choppy.  I have some unknown
problem with the rig that rears its head just every so often and I do not know
what causes it. Perhaps higher than 1.1:1SWR>?  When I worked John the SWR
was slightly higher, so maybe that is ramping back power out?  I only notice
this behaviour  occasionally, usually in the winter, and this is the 3rd
different antenna system on the car, so that's been ruled out !  Usually my
first dit (or two) is clipped away.  Several others called me AE9AA/b, so I
pulled over, adjusted the SWR to nil and the issue went away.

Appreciate you driving along with me over very bumpy, pothole infested and
heaved roads here in VE9......not something to be proud of.  Sending manually
is brutal over the bumps and holes. UGH.

TNX 4 all the Qs and CU (all of a sudden) in the next one!

dit dit

-Mike, VE9AA in NB, FT-857D @ 100w, SA-680S, N3ZN paddles, 09 MINI in MOTION