[3830] WPX CW NN7CW SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, dl6bw@xxxxxx
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NN7CW SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2017 02:32:03 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NN7CW
Operator(s): NN7CW
Station: NN7CW

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 36:12

------------
  160:    0
   80:   26
   40:  649
   20:  679
   15:  121
   10:   71
------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

FT1000MP, HP, SteppIR BigIR vertical. My plan was to operate for 38 hours, which
would have given me enough time to rest and do some chores around the house.

No antenna for 160 m, so no QSOs here, and only 26 QSOs on 80 m, due to
horrible performance of my antenna. I could only use 100 W and I figured that
every QSO I had was a pain in the butt for the other station - sorry guys!
40 m worked incredibly well and 20 m was okay, but 15 m was another horror
story. Despite a choke balun at the antenna, it would not tune properly and I
had a lot of RF in the shack. I found 10 m to be technically working, but
almost dead on Saturday. However, it seemed pretty hot on Sunday, starting
around lunch time. I think I was one of the few who tried running on 10 m and I
was rewarded with very nice rate (for the kind of antenna I had) until, all of
the sudden, the antenna died (high SWR, always quickly increasing as soon as
power was applied). I dismantled the damn thing and was able to get back on air
temporarily with low power, but I could only do S&P on 10, 15 and 20.
Interestingly I could run for the last hour on 40, but that was not the band I
wanted to finish on and the rate was rather poor.

try to replace it asap, because obviously it is the weak spot of my current
improvised setup.

Thanks to everyone who worked me! Vy 73!