[3830] WPX CW ES5RR(ES2RR) SOAB HP

To: 3830@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [3830] WPX CW ES5RR(ES2RR) SOAB HP
From: webform@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2017 20:03:25 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: ES5RR
Operator(s): ES2RR
Station: ES5TV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    87
   80:   271
   40:   812
   20:  1740
   15:   364
   10:   170
------------

Club:

Comments:

As so many have already said the propagation sure played a trick this time.
Based on the nice 20m & 40m runs the first night I planned to take just a
few short brakes and finish with my 36 hours well before Sunday evening to be
ready for a long drive (ca 2.5 megameters) with my family down to the 9A-land.
By Sunday morning it looked like someone had switched off the propagation and
there was simply nothing to work on any band. So it was obvious that the plan
would not work out and I would have to stay in the chair until the bitter end,
thus depriving my family from the nice and sunny Southern European weather one
day longer. The "CEO" and the kids were not happy!

It was motivating to compete with other stations on cqcontest.net, even though
from time to time it became demotivating when I saw them running away from me,
e.g. OH0X and SN7Q. I did not know at the time that they were actually
Assisted. Of course, I knew that I had no chance against the guys in EA and CT
but it was still great to see their scores developing in comparison with my
own. Congrats to CR6K and EF2A on their nice scores!

Had a slight receiving problem due to a bad realy or smth throughout the whole
contest on the main 20m antenna that was pointed to North America most of the
time. My apologies to the US an VE stations that might have called just to get
my CQ as a response!

In my queśt of fully taking advantage of the short EU-opening on 10 and 15 on
Sunday afternoon I tried to run on two bands simultaneously. Not so easy with
the serial numbers to be copied! Must have sounded like a real LID when asking
for refills on one band and not responding to numerous callers in time on the
other :-) Thanks to the guys who hung in there and waited for the QSO to be
completed and sorry for wasting your time! I guess I need a bit more practice
on this.

Thanks to all for the QSO's and big thanks to ES5TV again for letting me play!

73, Toivo, 9A/ES2RR