[3830] AlQP AD4EB Mobile Multi-OpCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] AlQP AD4EB Mobile Multi-OpCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2017 18:13:38 +0000
Alabama QSO Party

Call: AD4EB
Operator(s): AD4EB
Station: AD4EB

Class: Mobile Multi-OpCW LP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:   144
   40:   650
   20:   423
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  1217    0  CW Mults = 47  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 114,395

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

This was our 7th time going mobile in the ALQP, which has become one of our
favorite QSO parties to operate in.  Melody, KI4HVY, was able to be our trusted
driver/navigator this year, which made the going much better than last year.  We
did not score as high as previous years, but we were pleased with outcome, as
everything worked perfectly on our side and we had great fun running around
Alabama.  We ran pretty much the same route as previous years, covering 28
counties.

We operated 40m and 20m during this first 9 hours of the contest, and switched
to 40m and 80m for the last 3 hours.  Nothing was heard on 15m.  Band
conditions were very quiet and a bit unusual, as stations that were very loud
in one county would be very hard to copy in the next. Looking at IonProbe when
we returned home showed the Kp index rose from 1 to a 4 during the contest and
the effective SSN from 1 to a 30.  Worked 13 DX stations, most surprising were
RZ1OA and ZL2IFB,

Here are the top 11 stations based on number of times worked:

K9OM    (32) - Way to go Dick, you were loud and quick to find us
WN4AFP  (29)
NW0M    (27)
N6MU    (26)
W2RR    (23)
N4CW    (21)
W0BH    (20)
K5WAF   (19)
W5TM    (19)
K5GA    (18)
VE2FK   (18)

DX Stations worked:
DK3BN, DL3DXX, DL3GA, EU1KY, F4AZH, F5FJ, F6HKA, F8BBL, HA8IB, HK3Q, OK1CF,
RZ1OA, ZL2IFB

Many thanks to all of you who took the time to work us. And thanks to the
Alabama Contest Group who help make this contest happen every year.

73 from the AD4EB/m team:

Melody - KI4HVY, Jim - AD4EB, Don - N4ZZ