[3830] WPX CW HA3LN SO(A)SB80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, csaba@ha3ln.hu
Subject: [3830] WPX CW HA3LN SO(A)SB80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2017 22:14:17 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: HA3LN
Operator(s): HA3LN
Station: HA3LN

Class: SO(A)SB80 HP
QTH: EEU
Operating Time (hrs): 21

------------
  160:
   80:  776
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Hungarian DX Club

Comments:

FT-1000MP > AL-811 (500W) > elevated Inv-L with 2x elevated radials, no RX
antenna

However the original plan was to erect new vertical to 80m and try it out this
year the weather helped a lot to make the decision easily. All of my antennas
were grounded due to the heavy wind storms in April. 40m vertical broken in
half, the top trust bearing crashed on the tower luckily enough I managed to
lift the 6el and 4el OWAs back before they came down by themselves.

Finished the 80m vertical in the dark could not finish the tuning therefore I
started the contest from 1600z on Sat so completely missed the first 6-7
hours.
In according to the reports I missed the quiet and productive part of the
contest with entering only when the K index lifted to 6... :-)

Despite the tough conditions I'm happy with the result especially if VK6LW and
JT5DX first call QSOs are mentioned. I've been struggling with the DX contacts
which are pretty underrepresented in my log anyway unfortunately.

Lot to fix until the IARU.

73!
Csaba  HA3LN
http://ha3ln.hu/