[3830] CWopsT N5ZO HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, MARKO.L.MYLLYMAKI@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT N5ZO HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2017 04:19:32 +0000
CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Jun 8

Call: N5ZO
Operator(s): N5ZO
Station: N5ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:   15
   40:   54
   20:   50
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  119  Mults = 83  Total Score = 9,877

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I was SO1R with Elad FDM-DUO driving with 3 watts my KPA500 which drove my Alpha
87A.  On 20 I was bit lower power as output power increased in 1 watts
increments from this little box and 4 watts was too much drive to Alpha after
KPA500.  Amazing radio.  I think it is just as good as my K3 radios are, if not
better.  I felt like I was able to operate closer to big signals with this
little box, and sensitivity on RX was just as good, worked several EU on 20
here in CA.  Still some issue on CW sidetone and audio pops during TX, and I
see some discussion of that in Elad Yahoo list, I may have old firmware on this
radio.  If you have any comments on how my CW sounded on your end, please email
me.  I was bit concerned if I had all relays pulling in time in 2 amps.  I just
got this thing couple days ago and have not yet experimented too much with it.
I had bandscope on but there is much to figure out with it.  Radio has 3 knobs
and I found it sufficient for this kind of contest operation.  Planning to
integrate it into station during the summer to monitor 3rd and 4th band but
maybe I should consider using it for TX too...  I'm truly impressed.  Tnx for
QSOs de Marko