[3830] ARRL June VHF W3SO Limited Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w3idt@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W3SO Limited Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 22:20:16 +0000
ARRL June VHF Contest

Call: W3SO
Operator(s): W3YOZ W3BTX WR3Z W3IDT WA3TTS W3TM KC3GUZ
Station: W3SO

Class: Limited Multi-Op HP
QTH: wpa
Operating Time (hrs): 23

    6:  358   105
    2:  250    58
  222:   72    32
  432:  119    39
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  799   234  Total Score = 231,660

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

The 6 meter fun extended somewhat to the other bands:
2 meters worked stations in IA, MO, and AL.
Even 432 got in on the act: AL
(Don't have exact grids.)

6 meters continues to the plagued with noise which we suspect is some kind of
intermod between two or more of the commercial tv, radio, pager, etc, stations
which we share our mountain top. While we're whining: If you looked at the
Eskip map during much of the contest you must have noticed the absence of start
/ stop Eskip contacts in Western NY and Western PA. We did of course have our
share, but simply couldn't hear some of the DX (for example, ZF and KP2/KP4)
and the western US states. Did work XE, CO/CM, HI, and C6.

2 meters has a spectacular qso total, given that most stations abandoned 2
meters while 6 meters was so open.

222 and 432 had their usual high qso and grid square totals, which really
increases our score.

Finally, it "pays" to stay on the air until the very end: Our last
FOUR contacts were FOUR new grids!

Bob, w3idt
for the Wopsononock Mountaintop Operators, W3SO