[3830] ARRL June VHF KF2MR/R Rover HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kf2mr@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF KF2MR/R Rover HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 23:53:15 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  263    89  Total Score = 36,125

Club: Rochester VHF Group

Comments:

I visited FN13 Saturday and FN02, FN12, and FN03 on Sunday. It was not clear
that I was going to make it on the road for this contest. I had a lot of work
to do to get the system assembled, which led to a late start. After January I
broke everything down and committed to rebuild from scratch instead of the
piecemeal system I had put together over the last few years. Although I did not
finish the "shelf" for 2304 and 3456, the infrastructure is in place
and I expect to have it done by August or September. I added single switch
transverter switching and a roof rack mounted rotor for the H-Frame, which were
both very nice upgrades and the first time I have had a rotor for my rover. This
made the push up telescoping mast quite light with small antennas for 6m, 2m,
and 1.25m. I got a late start and had to pack up early, but overall I am happy
with the results (especially the 1.2G grid count). I learned a lot this
contest, including the fact that I could pass under a bridge posted for
10'8" with an antenna height of 11' 6". I certainly didn't just drive
under. It must have been a sight as I hung out of the drivers side door watching
the mast while I creeped under it barely touching the gas. I estimate that I had
2" of clearance!