[3830] ARRL June VHF N0KE Limited Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w9rm@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF N0KE Limited Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 18:52:02 +0000

  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  430   182  Total Score = 79,716

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

A very frustrating 36 hours.

In the Inter-mountain West, we live and die by 6M propagation.  There are very
few stations on 2M and above within reach, so we're limited to meteor scatter
contacts on 2 and 222 and what little local activity we can kick up on
432/450FM.

This year, after a amazing week of propagation, the 6M band did not play along
in DM69.  We had maybe 4-5 hours of total sporadic E propagation and many hours
of watching all the red DXMap lines either extend right over the top of us,
extend out into the Pacific Ocean or just sit 100 miles out of reach.

Thanks to those we worked on 6 & 2 MSK144 overnight.  We didn't attempt any
EME QSOs since the degradation was so high - we could barely hear K5QE on 2M.

EQUIPMENT:

Rigs: Station 1 (6M) - K3;
      Station 2 (2/222/432) - FT920 IF & DEMI Transverters

6M -  1.5KW to 7/7 @ 60', 6 el Quad at 70', 6 el fixed to NE
2M -  1.5KW to M2 2M5WL x 2 az/el
222 - 500W to M2 222-7WL
432 - 500W to M2 432-9WL x2 az/el