[3830] ARRL June VHF K7SWS/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K7SWS/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 21:49:29 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  147    33  Total Score = 7,293

Club: Pacific Northwest VHF Society

Comments:

Roved 6 grids CN93,CN94,CN95,CN85,CN86,CN76
Got snowed on twice, Once at Paulina Peak, the other time at Timberline.
Big thank you to Mike KB7W and Don K7HSJ for all your help in CN93 and CN94,
was great to work you both on 1296. Sorry about the 903.1 but i'm hopeful for
next time( My Bulgarian transveter didn't work, I think it was a jumper error
by the operator :-( ))
Met WW7D/R and K7ATN/R in the Gorge at Bonneville Dam a grid circle...Thanks to
both, Was fun.
On the way home that night we kept smelling smoke....Stopped in the dark by the
side of the road and looked everywhere it the truck, seems ok, the smell went
away so we went on home.
Next Morning in the daylight I surveyed the rats nest of wires in the back seat
of the pickup...still looks ok so off we go to great stop on Skyline road CN85,
lots of QSO's.
Then we were off for the beach, stopped for gas, has Breakfast at Hump's in
Clatskanie.
Got to FT Stevens and setup at CN76. Not much radio activity, was moving the
beams around when I had smoke, A Lot of Smoke! Looked up at the small shelf
where rotor controller and 300 watt inverter are mounted.The inverter which now
has smoke boiling out of it. Yup inverter is toast! I guess it was a bit to
small for the job.
Did get good bit of e-skip in the afternoon..Heard about 20 stations...worked 5

 I worked KB7W in CN93 from the beach on 432 WOW! really happy with my new M2
beam.
I also abandoned the 5 element 6m beam for a moxon, it's much easier to setup
than the big beam but I'm sure I'm giving up some Q's with it.
Thank you to everyone I worked, I really enjoy roving
Big thanks also to Jennifer who puts up with me and is my partner in my
travels

K7SWS/R Steve