[3830] ARRL FD K3WJV 1D HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD K3WJV 1D HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 22:03:19 +0000

  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Mostly s&p the first day and almost all running on Sunday.  All single op,
no so2r.  Only reason I had 13 ssb Q's was going to 75 to work my former FD
group in DE.  They have been doing FD for 34 yrs from the same site. I joined
them shortly after they started and at the time used my call to get the extra
class freqs. I texted them a freq and after we finished catching up with them I
worked a few loud guys then went back to cw.

I had thought I would practice so2r but after I started I changed plans. Missed
KL7 and 3 of the VE sections (heard 2 of them).  Had a lot of fun. Had some good
runs on Sunday working many very weak 1B & 1E stations, some taking several
minutes to keep getting repeats until they came up in strength to get the
callsign & report. I remember the early days of FD and how excited guys can
get so I enjoyed taking the time to hopefully make their day.

I thought I would miss out on the "please copy" syndrome of phone
even though I had no intention of working ssb but sure enough I got one
"pse cpy" on cw. Good grief!

My friends in DE want their cw operator to come back, hi.

Rural location 1255' ASL
FT1000MP & Alpha 89
40mtr inv vee @55ft

K3/P3 & Acom 2000A
2el K4KIO 6 band Hexbeam @24ft  G-450A rotor & Green Heron
Inv vees for 80m & 40m with trapped 160m @55ft

Palstar HF-AUTO manually re-arranged between stns when necessary
WinKeyer USB & Vibroplex paddle

Rx ants - 200ft NE/SW kd9sv rbogs staggered & spaced @ 66ft - DXE ncc-2

SO2R >> TopTen DxDoubler-Band Aides-relays-W2VJN stubs

N1MM+ contest logger & DxLab master logger