[3830] IARU WI2E SOABCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, joseph.obrien@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU WI2E SOABCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2017 17:10:41 +0000
IARU HF World Championship

Call: WI2E
Operator(s): WI2E
Station: WI2E

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 21
Radios: SO2R

  160:   23     0       3        3
   80:  102     0      11       17
   40:  242     0      19       35
   20:  278     0      17       36
   15:  128     0      11        7
   10:   24     0       4        3
-------------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

I struggled on 20M early in the contest (I could hardly believe how few European
stations I had worked by 3 PM local time), but 15M and 10M definitely exceeded
my expectations.  The highlight of the contest for me was 40M at sundown here
in eastern Pennsylvania; Europe was loud, and I was going through on one call
like I was running a KW to a yagi rather than 100W to a vertical. 160M improved
throughout the night, and I ended up with my highest QSO and multiplier totals
on Top Band for me in this contest (not that these are all that much, but with
100W to a 1/4 wave 80M inverted L, I'll take it!).

Equipment:
K3, K3S, microHAM u2R, K9AY loop, an assortment of low dipoles (35 ft. is as
high as they get here), the 80M 1/4 wave inverted L, and a number of antenna
tuners.

In short, it was fun, and I'm looking forward to next year!

73,
Joe
WI2E