[3830] IARU VK2CZ SOABSSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU VK2CZ SOABSSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 05:22:31 +0000
IARU HF World Championship

Call: VK2CZ
Operator(s): VK2CZ
Station: VK2CZ

Class: SOABSSB HP
QTH: QF56nh
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:          60     14       8
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------------------------
Total:   0      60     14       8  Total Score = 2,640

Club: Manly Warringah

Comments:

Setup a field day type 40m dipole just for the weekend.  Best pattern should
have been to North America, and it worked pretty well.. I had zero man made
noise on and 10m..  wierd for a city station..  Without anything to compare
recent propagation to, it seems a bit of tough work on 40m, but managed to eke
out a few QSO's from all over.  Nothing at all heard or worked on 10m.

One QSO made both myself and the other station pause in disbelief.. and that
was with VE9CB.. this is an almost impossible contact from VK, indeed my very
first in 20 years..  but we made it, and we double checked calls and exchange
to be sure, to be sure..  other minute long windows of opportunity presented
themselves in the Caribbean and long path EU..  a very fast changable scene
about what I could hear.
Oddly I managed just 1 QSO with VK4 (Zone 55) and that was pitifully weak, so
propagation on 40m was nothing like what I used to know.