[3830] NAQP RTTY NN4RB Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nn4rb@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY NN4RB Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 14:19:55 +0000
North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: NN4RB
Operator(s): NN4RB
Station: NN4RB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 6:18

   80:    6     4
   40:   30    18
   20:   85    27
   15:    9     5
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  131    55  Total Score = 7,205

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC Highly Illogical

Comments:

First contact on 15m went well, however second one took several tries.  Before
the third contact, I reviewed my setup and discovered TX power was all the way
down.  That barely moves a needle on my IC-756PROIII.  Turned the power up and
things went smoother.  I started late and could not last the duration after
taking my evening medicine.  However, I did get in a little over six hours.
More than enough time to make many more points, but I did learn more and
enjoyed a kind of comradeship of seeing calls that I have contacted before.  20
meters was the best band for me.  I worked over 30 contacts in one hour S&P.
 80 meters was noisy.  The big signals were only 10 dB over the noise.  To prove
that 10 meters still exists I made one contact there, and of course it was CA.

Rick
NN4RB

N1MM+, Fast HP PC running W10
ICOM IC-756PROIII
Mosely 33JR at about 40'
32' Vertical on metal building with manual remote tuner
Elecraft KT500 at base of 40' OCF
~450' Beverage NE/SW