[3830] CQWW VHF K8MR Rover QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8mr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF K8MR Rover QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 12:38:18 +0000
CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Rover QRP
QTH: FN01
Operating Time (hrs): 2

    6:   1     1
    2:
-------------------
Total:   1     1  Total Score = 1

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Not sure exactly what category describes me, other than the preplanned futility
category. We were driving home from NJ on I-80 on Sunday, with a KX3 and two
meter mag mount 5/8 wave whip. I had hoped that with some Es openings I might
make a few QSOs, but that was not to happen. The one QSO was W3SO while in
FN01. The only other stations heard were N2NT (from daughter's driveway in
Montclair on Saturday), WA2FGK from FN20, K1TEO from FN21, and W3WD (I think)
from FN01. All too weak to expect a QSO. Obviously CQing was not worth it on
SSB, but tried it on CW with no RBN reports.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained . . .

73  -  Jim  K8MR