[3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 10:44:05 +0000
CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Jul 26

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: il
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  20
   20:  68
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  88  Mults = 79  Total Score = 6,952

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Went to visit K3WA and strung coax down the ravines for beverages during the
morning. Great exercise and hot!  We went to lunch, talked a lot, then I
operated the CWT.  It took a few minutes to get familiar with the station, so
the start was slow.  Started on 20. It was quite interesting to compare the
SteppIR 18e at 80 ft. to my dipole at 20 ft.  The east coast was strong as well
as Europe.  I never work Europe from home.  Not many W4s. Only one amp worked
which was on 20 and things clicked along quite well.  The band change was
seamless, but no amp on 40.  It took 7 minutes to find the next QSO!   Perhaps
my low inverted vee works better than a higher dipole on 40.  It was excellent
to do a comparison between stations and clarify some of the differences in
configuration.  This gave me motivation to continue my antenna work at home.