[3830] IOTA PJ4DX SO12SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IOTA PJ4DX SO12SSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 15:14:49 +0000
IOTA Contest

Call: PJ4DX
Operator(s): PJ4DX
Station: PJ4DX

Class: SO12SSB HP
QTH: Bonaire
Operating Time (hrs): 9.75

   80:   0        0       61       20
   40:   0        0      130       29
   20:   0        0      616       59
   15:   0        0        1        1
   10:   0        0        0        0
Total:   0        0      808      109  Total Score = 688,880

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

All seemed to be going well until a mysterious local noise source at S9+10dB
opened up at 0150UTC and completely wiped out 40m. 20m and 80m were unaffected
but 20m was dead at that time apart from KH7XS and 80m suffered from the usual
tropical summer thunderstorm static. Apologies to those who called me on 80m
who I could not copy, particularly GM7V - I tried really hard to copy the
serial number but could just not pull it out through the QRN. I noticed that
many stations in both EU and NA had poor quality 'boxy'-sounding audio, making
it more difficult than it should have been to copy them under marginal
conditions. Rig: FT-2000, Acom 1500 at 1kW to Spiderbeam for 10-15-20m at 10m,
a pair of phased verticals on 40m and full-size 80m quarter-wave vertical. 73
Steve PJ4DX