[3830] IOTA G6XX(G4FAL) SO24Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nick@totterdell.co.uk
Subject: [3830] IOTA G6XX(G4FAL) SO24Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 21:35:37 +0000
IOTA Contest

Call: G6XX
Operator(s): G4FAL
Station: G4FAL

Class: SO24Mixed HP
QTH: IO93EJ
Operating Time (hrs): 23h41
Radios: SO2R

   80:   132      28      60       21
   40:   273      34      45       22
   20:   403      40     164       37
   15:   172      18      82       20
   10:   161      16     104       14
Total:  1141     136     455      114  Total Score = 2,786,250

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

This was the first serious outing for G6XX which is an historic callsign that
has recently been reissued to the RSGB after some 93 years. See the QRZ.com
page for G6XX for some of the history of 6XX and later G6XX.

It's been a while since I did an IOTA mixed mode, unassisted entry as a single
operator and I was little rusty.  I tried to keep a balance of band and mode
operation and spent quite a lot of time searching for IOTA island mulitpliers
on both modes.  I didn't hear any VK or ZL entrants despite looking a few times
but had a few far east, Africa and South American QSOs. As usual the main focus
was on European Islands.  I was glad of the opening on 10m on Sunday morning as
this allowed me to improve my QSO rate at the end rather than see it tailing
off.  It was encouraging to see plenty of UK activity including multi-op and
single op stations.