[3830] IOTA SM5CKV/P(G0CKV) SO(A)24Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, olof@rowanhouse.com
Subject: [3830] IOTA SM5CKV/P(G0CKV) SO(A)24Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2017 14:55:43 +0000
IOTA Contest

Call: SM5CKV/P
Operator(s): G0CKV
Station: SM5CKV/P

Class: SO(A)24Mixed LP
QTH: Harstena JO88MG10
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   80:   204      30      20      19
   40:   369      43      21      17
   20:   449      36      15      12
   15:   146      32      18      12
   10:    63      15       6       6
Total:  1231     156      80      66  Total Score = 2,429,790

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

My third IOTA contest ever and I used the same location and setup I used in 2013
and 2015. Lost 15m antenna in strong winds a couple of hours into the contest
and could not fix that with the light lines being blown around in the wind so I
almost gave up but then it dawned on me that I could use the 40m dipole on 15. A
couple of hours later I found that the 20m antenna was bad too - I probably
destroyed it when trying to fix 15 so I was again close to give up. Then it
dawned on me that I could lengthen my low 10m dipole to resonate on 20. But I
had forgotten to pack spare antenna wire. I found a mains extension lead which
I slaughtered and then I was back on 20. On Sunday 10z I was so tired so I
decided to QRT but I checked 10m and found big G signals via Es. So, out again
to shorten that 10m dipole back to original and my score got a tremendous boost
with mults and 15p QSOs during the last 90 minutes of the contest. Overall good
relaxed fun and very satisfying to do OK with a simple field-day-style setup
and associated improvisations.