[3830] IOTA CR3G M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nigel@g3txf.com
Subject: [3830] IOTA CR3G M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2017 08:05:59 +0000
IOTA Contest

Call: CR3G
Operator(s): G3TXF G3WVG
Station: CR3G

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Santana
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   80:   100      36      38       22
   40:   349      61     246       48
   20:  1028      72     500       48
   15:   250      40       0        0
   10:    81      21       1        1
Total:  1808     230     785      119  Total Score = 7,444,170

Club: Three As

Comments:

Ian G3WVG and Nigel G3TXF operated in the new Multi-Two category from the RRDXA
contest station in Santana, Madeira.
Our usual favourite logging software WinTest gave us a big surprise. Under the
new Multi-Two rules in the IOTA Contest both stations can operate as RUN
stations (previously one of the two stations had to be a MULT station). Once
the contest started we were expecting WinTest to feed from the same serial
number sequence to both RUN stations. This did not happen. One Run station was
given ODD serial numbers and the other was given EVEN serial numbers. We only
noticed this a few minutes into the contest and wondered "what the hell is
going on with the serial numbers?". Nothing we could do at this stage other
than just carry on with the almost comical ODD and EVEN serial number
sequencing. This certainly gave rise to more "what was your serial
number?" queries on both CW and SSB.
We are most grateful to the RRDXA for the use of their contest station on
Madeira and to Ricardo CT3KN for assistance with the CR3G callsign.
73 - Nigel G3TXF