[3830] NAQP CW KZ5D Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW KZ5D Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2017 06:00:08 +0000
North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: KZ5D
Operator(s): KZ5D
Station: KZ5D

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   32    13
   80:  105    36
   40:  304    48
   20:  288    55
   15:  102    27
   10:   30    14
-------------------
Total:  861   193  Total Score = 166,173

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

This one was for you Pat, RIP my friend W5WMU. Pat really enjoyed the NAQP.
Before he built the ME station (W1WMU),we used to have a friendly wager on this
one. Since he had a better antenna farm, he would always spot me 100 Qs. Never
was enough to catch him with all that aluminum. For the last few years, Pat was
the Maine mult for all of us. Interesting that I didn't work or hear anyone from
Maine this year.

Conditions were really weird down here. Ten was open to a lot of places. 15 was
better than last year. 40, 80, and 160 loaded with static due to lingering
storms across the gulf. This made for plenty of repeats. It seems the big
static crash always occurs during the call sign, obliterating a least a couple
dots or dashes.

Overall, it was surprising to end up with lots more mults than last year and a
handful more Qs. Thanks to all for the fun.