[3830] NAQP CW NC4KW(@N1LN) M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bemeier@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW NC4KW(@N1LN) M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2017 16:21:13 +0000
North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: NC4KW
Operator(s): N4YDU N3ND N4GU N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:  104    30
   80:  212    47
   40:  570    61
   20:  457    60
   15:  168    30
   10:   40    12
-------------------
Total: 1551   240  Total Score = 372,240

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

That was a fun 12 hours. I don’t think we left much on the table that we
should have worked except for a couple of 20 meter mults. We just could not get
in the logs for Rhode Island and Delaware on 20 meters. Also, due to the S7
�" S9 low band noise level and QRN west coast 80 and 160 Qs (and mults)
were lower than desired. The beverages helped us hear them, but they could not
hear us.  However, when looking back on 2016 this was a much better performance
with an overall score increase of 47%. This increase can be attributed to having
some enjoyable 10 and 15 meter openings.

One of the fun parts to this year was watching the real time
contestingonlinescores.com reporting. For the first 7 hours of the contest the
lead shifted from Marko’s California team (N5ZO) to our team numerous times.
This lead could be as low as less than 100 points or as high as several thousand
for either team. It was fun to watch and really kept us focused.   Then, due to
the 3 hour east coast sunset advantage, we went to 80 meters long before they
could. Our rate was fantastic and the multiplier and QSO counts jumped up. This
also happened when we moved to 160. However, by the end of the 12 hours the
mult, qso and overall scores came much more inline. I believe if the contest
lasted another 2 hours the final score advantage would be reversed.

Thanks to everyone for the many Qs, repeats and patience. Special thanks to the
rest of the NC4KW team for making the August 2017 NAQP-CW a real fun time.

73 from team JACK!

Nate �" N4YDU
Dan �" N3ND
Mike �" N4GU