[3830] NAQP CW N3QE M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tshoppa@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N3QE M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2017 17:08:28 +0000
North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: N3QE
Operator(s): N3QE W3RQ
Station: N3QE

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:   81    25
   80:  262    51
   40:  324    56
   20:  225    45
   15:   27    13
   10:   17     8
-------------------
Total:  936   198  Total Score = 185,328

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Big thanks to Bob W3RQ for coming over Saturday afternoon! Thanks to his
interest in operating, we both were in operator chairs all afternoon turning
dials, sharing a single screen and keyboard setup for SO2R, and making Q's
during the afternoon hours which are normally slow for me when I'm single op.
This was the best afternoon rate my station has ever had in NAQP and Bob gets
all the credit for keeping two BIC's! After Bob left, I then operated straight
through to get all 12 hours in.

The starting gun had some interesting (E-skip?) openings on 10M/15M for us to
work. It was great to find the East Coast and Midwest stations going to 40M
super early. 20M never felt strong to the far west until after my sundown when
a lot of 20M signals came way way up and a couple new short paths opened with
very good rate just from CQ'ing. Several Europeans called in on 20/40/80 and
were happy to give NAQP-style exchanges.

This was the first CW NAQP I had ever operated assisted or M/2, and was super
happy to use my attention-deficit method to click through recent spots to find
a prime Q. I want to mention, that just in the past week I had to replace my
trackball clicker button after so many Assisted contest clicks!

Congrats to the "big M/2's" especially NC4KW and W2FU. W2FU is just
everywhere, man!

Equipment: Two Ten-Tec Eagles. One rig goes to a 130-foot doublet through
tuners. The other rig goes to some backyard single-band verticals.