[3830] NAQP CW NO5W(@W5GAD) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW NO5W(@W5GAD) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2017 01:34:45 +0000
North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: W5GAD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  256
   15:  121
   10:
-------------------
Total:  377    71  Total Score = 26,767

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Team: Deep Dixie CC Team 1

Comments:

K3/100, 3el Steppir @ 55ft, CQ/X 1.8.0.13

I was off to a real good start when the rains hit the area near the clubhouse
in Metairie, a suburb of New Orleans. About 4 hours into the contest, with 30
minutes already taken off due to lightning, I received a notice to vacate the
premises due to flash flooding in the park.

So at 2215Z I slogged to the car hoping to return later to complete the contest
but that was not to be. I did make it home about 3 hours later after navigating
the streets of the city. And fortunately when I returned to the club house
Sunday morning the radio and computer were high and dry even though about 4-6
inches of water had flooded the operating room.

It was not how I had envisioned doing the contest but it was fun while it
lasted and I'm primed for the January edition. Thanks for the Qs.

73/Chuck/NO5W