[3830] NAQP CW K9GY Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9gy@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K9GY Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 03:32:11 +0000
North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K9GY
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: K9GY

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: FM17rd
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:   60    26
   20:   39    17
   15:    7     3
   10:
-------------------
Total:  106    46  Total Score = 4,876

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: 4-H Displays

Comments:

Operated portable QRP with Yaesu FT-817 and end fed antenna with fed point about
7 feet up and other end about 25-30 feet off a parking lot lamp post! Geez took
me longer than expected to through a baseball with string attached over a lamp
post when you have about 4 feet of lamp. No MLB career here! Missed beginning
by 45 mins and 10m opening, ARGH!

Funny thing is I had to take Army/DoD hearing test three times this year
because my left ear 4k hearing changed enough they needed to make sure it was
right! Made me wonder how you 160m ops would do on the hearing test! Too many
hockey games in addition too many helicopter trips in Afghanistan.

Much better weather than last year when heat index was well over 100 F. Had a
nice breeze and was mostly in the shade....operating out of the back of a
Subaru.

A person stopped by to ask about the setup because they thought I had an
electric car and I was charging it....?! Another person came by and I gave them
a QSX to possibly wet their appetite for ham radio.

GO SMC!

73, Eric (aka "MO")

Ft Eustis, VA
http://www.tradoc.army.mil