[3830] 222Up K9PW/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pete73w@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] 222Up K9PW/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 15:48:38 +0000

  5.7:    5
  10G:    7
  24G:    0
------------
Total:  117  Total Score = 29,899

Club:

Team:

Comments:

While getting ready to go to the Central States VHF conference in Albuquerque, I
was asked if staying an extra week to do the new 222 contest would be possible.
Sure!  It is always good to try operating from a new area with new people.
Brought 10 bands, 222M-47G.  After a great conference (you really should try to
attend Central States), spent time biking in the mountains & then checking
out the equipment.  Completed a 50km contact on 47G a few days before the
contest.  It really is too easy when there are mountains available to help you
out.

Special thanks to the members of New Mexico VHF society for their help.  They
provided info on operating sites, activity areas, band/power restrictions, etc.
 Could not have done this without their assistance.  The level of activity was
very good.  When direct paths were blocked by mountains, got to try scatter
paths of off other mountains.  Not something we can do in Illinois!

Stopped in 5 grids.  Still takes me far too long to setup.  My band changes are
also still too slow.  Lot's of contacts, not many were long distance.

IF: K3/P3
222: Demi, 20W, 6 elements
432: Demi, 20W, 15 elements
902: Demi, 10W, 2' dish