[3830] WAE CW NR3X(N4YDU) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW NR3X(N4YDU) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 01:52:33 +0000
WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: NR3X
Operator(s): N4YDU
Station: W2RE/1

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: W1/EASTPORT
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R
Remote Operation

   80:  230          33
   40:  538   713    43
   20:  756   916    51
   15:  264   160    32
   10:    1           1
-------------------------
Total: 1789  1789   429  Total Score = 1,534,962

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Turned out to be a great weekend of operating. It was great to give this a shot
from the wonderful Eastport, Maine location run by RemoteHamRadio.com. The RHR
guys (W2RE, WW2DX and others) have built one heck of a station.

My only 10M QSO was with F6HKA on Sunday during the late morning hours. Each
band proved entertaining at times. It was neat to actually have some rate on
15M. The first day produced 93 QSOS on 15 and the second day was even better.
The Superstack of multi-band yagis there plays exceptionally well.

20M was fantastic throughout the contest and opened quite early. I think the
guys to the south had a little better prop on 40M the first night but things
were rocking late Saturday afternoon on 40 from Eastport. At sunset, I went
straight to 80M on Saturday and the signals were simply huge.

I tried 15M again around 22Z on Sunday and had great RBN data but there were
not many takers.

Very happy to have experience this contest from Maine.

Station:
Remote operation using K3/0s RRC boxes from my home in North Carolina with K3s
on site in Maine. More information related to RHR can be found at
http://www.remotehamradio.com/

Station #1
K3 + Expert 1.3K amp. 1100-1300w PEP

10M 8/8/8 @ 112/84/56