[3830] WAE CW JG1VGX(@JG1ZUY) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jg1vgx@jarl.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW JG1VGX(@JG1ZUY) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 10:18:42 +0000
WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: JG1VGX
Operator(s): JG1VGX
Station: JG1ZUY

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Kimitsu, Chiba
Operating Time (hrs): 25.5
Radios: SO2R

   80:    2     0   2 x4
   40:  215    95  31 x3
   20:  580   674  43 x2
   15:   63    70  20 x2
   10:    4     0   4 x2
-------------------------
Total:  864   839    235  Total Score = 400,205

Club:

Comments:

Enjoyed the lowest condition near cycle bottom at the hottest time of the year!

Getting at the site was delayed due to family errands, also some equipment work
needed to be done at site before getting on the air.

I've left my car at the parking, and while walking up the last mile to the
contest cabin, I encountered a 'welcome attack' by mountain leeches, uggghhh!!
Those disgusting creature quite easily climb up on our boots and trousers and
may even fall from tree branches above!

Well, this is not the first time and I'm now getting used to this ;)
I dealt with this situation in a calm manner, well, somewhat. I paced up to the
cabin, then all leeches on my body (fortunately on clothes, not on skin) were
carefully removed and properly treated. Not a single drop of my blood was
sucked, which was a huge success!

Sorry for the horror story. Now the contest recap itself.

Band/day breakdown:
-------------------------
      Day 1  Day 2  Total
-------------------------
80:      2      0      2
40:    164     51    215
20:    369    211    580
15:     39     24     63
10:      0      4      4
-------------------------
Total  574    290    864
OpHrs   11.5   14     25.5
-------------------------

We only have marginal antenna for 80mb.

Obviously there was not much on 10/15mb, but this is the time when 20mb really
shines! Rather noisier than 15/10, it surprisingly survives these lowly years
of the sunspot cycle. That's the 'magic band', really.

Day one was so-so and I made a little less than 600Qs. On day two, I became
more motivated and concentrated, expecting the total of >1,000Qs. However,
it simply didn't happen. Don't know why, but it was very, very slow on day two.
No reports of storm, and I don't believe it's just the 'day two' effect. Kind of
disappointing, but I did my best until I stopped at 19z (4am local Monday) when
I needed to clean and pack up everything and leave for work.

Thank you for all QSO/QTCs!

73 rin JG1VGX