[3830] NAQP SSB K4HQK Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K4HQK Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2017 11:53:37 +0000
North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: K4HQK
Operator(s): K4HQK
Station: K4HQK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Alexandria, VA
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:
   80:   51    18
   40:   52    23
   20:   15     9
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  118    50  Total Score = 5,900

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

With a simple station (vertical and wire antennas low to the ground on a city
lot), dealing with rotten band conditions Saturday afternoon was frustrating.
Nothing heard--zero--on 10 and 15 meters, and mostly a few weak signals on 20m
and 40m. The N0NBH propagation box on qrz.com mid-afternoon reported ALL bands
were "poor," with A=21 and K=5. Feh! Finding anyone to work was
excruciating. Had a better time playing with the cats.

After a break for dinner, 40m had picked up. Lots of strong signals and
activity. Propagation box now rated 80m and 40m as "fair." Heard one
running station cheering SMC so I kept tuning rather than give him points! At
0100Z switched to 80m and heard strong signals scattered around that huge band,
so I stuck with that. Activity grew until I finally QRTed at 0300Z.

My contribution isn't huge, but it's free.

John Fuller
K4HQK
Alexandria

IC-7410 barefoot