[3830] NAQP SSB W1TJL Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W1TJL@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W1TJL Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2017 19:55:56 +0000
North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: W1TJL
Operator(s): W1TJL
Station: W1TJL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN32
Operating Time (hrs): 9.25

  160:   21    11
   80:  158    29
   40:   91    28
   20:  266    41
   15:    2     2
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  539   112  Total Score = 60,368

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

First, it was fun.

2nd, conditions changed drastically throughout the contest.
   * Good runs and then nothing
   * Dead, not hearing much and then back to good runs
   * Bad noise, tolerable noise, bad noise.
   * 10 and 15 virtually non existent here

Oh, and Murphy is alive and well.

This morning I went out to try to see what was wrong with my Force C-40 which
would not tune!  Bad coax?  Bad connection??  Neither.  And not a bad antenna
either.  But you have to hook up the correct coax to the correct antennas!

We recently disassembled both towers (crank up and lay over towers) for
maintenance.  In the process had to take all the antennas off the larger 90 ft
tower and then put them all back on.  The Force C-40 Tribander and the Force 30
meter rotatable dipole had the coax switched accidentally. The Force 2 element
40 meter beam was fine. Somehow that possibility of coaxes being on the wrong
antennas never occurred to me so I ended up not using that triband antenna for
this contest AND taking the tower down to see what was wrong...

EVERY connection and cable is now labeled.