[3830] NAQP SSB KG4IGC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kg4igc@att.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB KG4IGC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2017 22:27:06 +0000
North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Summerville, SC
Operating Time (hrs): 8:25

  160:   10     8
   80:   28    12
   40:  126    34
   20:   50    25
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  214    79  Total Score = 16,906

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Team: Swamp Foxes

Comments:

Slow going this year, lots of QSB on all of the bands throughout the contest.
Most of the stations worked were Northern and mid-western states. Later in the
eveningI worked several California stations and a couple in Washington, but no
Alaska. Never hear Hawaii on any band. Started to hear a couple of EU's on 40
and 80 meters after 7PM, but none worked. I definetely need to look into
putting something up for 80 meters, my loop simply will not tune the SSB
portion of the band without a huge stuggle. 160 antenna worked ok,tuned up easy
enough but the band was pretty noisy up until around 11 PM, after that I started
to hear a few stations.

Rig: Yaesu FT-DX3000
ANT: Horizontal Loop, Hex, 40/20 super loop, 160 inverted L
PWR: 100 watts