[3830] All Asian SSB WQ6X(@W7AYT) SOSB/40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Ron@wq6x.info
Subject: [3830] All Asian SSB WQ6X(@W7AYT) SOSB/40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2017 03:36:35 +0000
All Asian DX Contest, SSB

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: W7AYT

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: Concord, Ca
Operating Time (hrs): 4.4

   80:   0     0
   40:   1     1
   20:   0     0
   15:   0     0
   10:   0     0
-------------------
Total:   1     1  Total Score = 1

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

This is another portable operation from W7AYT's QTH in Concord.

This All Asian Contest was a bust from the beginning.
I was originally planning to operate from NX6T in Fallbrook.
A misplaced cellphone sidelined any travel.  Next up was an
internet outage in Fallbrook which was resolved at the last minute.
Unfortunately, we never worked out what the problem was in playing
my WQ6X .Wav files during a contest with that particular setup.
Later, a failing A.C. system @ "NashVille", sidelined the rest of the
operation.

That prompted me to make a last minute operation @W7AYT.
I ran the usual FT-1000mp with a new external audio filter combination,
running the MFJ-752c in the left ear and an Autek QF-1a filter for the right.
Running SO2V, I effectively had DSP in stereo for CW & SSB.

I did the best I could with the limited antenna system here.
However I am beginning to think W7AYT's QTH has an energy vortex
enroute to Asia; Oceania is not bad, just Asia.

As usual my main beef with the All Asian contest is that not enough Asian
stations participate in their own event and are hearable with my combo CH-250
Vertical and a Horizontal VEE @W7AYT.

You can read my write up of this contest in the WQ6X Contest BLOG:
WQ6X.Blogspot.Com

"73"
WQ6X