[3830] TnQP W4NZ/M Multi-Op MobileCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4nz@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] TnQP W4NZ/M Multi-Op MobileCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2017 19:15:51 +0000
Tennessee QSO Party

Call: W4NZ/M
Operator(s): W4NZ
Station: W4NZ/M

Class: Multi-Op MobileCW LP
QTH: 25 counties
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:
   80:   115                   38
   40:   747                   59
   20:   175                   34
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
-----------------------------------
Total:  1037    0       0     131  Total Score = 420,041

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

This run almost didn't happen. Mark K0EJ and daughter Maegan had other
obligations this weekend so I was without a team. But previous mobile QSO
partner, Gary K4VIG was able to free up some time and we enlisted the help of
first-time multi-op mobiler K1GU. Ned had planned a solo set up/operate/tear
down operation across a few nearby counties but opted to join us for a
different type of adventure. So we were set. A route was laid out to cover up
to 26 counties if things fell into place.  Our setup this year consisted of an
Icom 756proIII at 100w, laptop, Winkeyer and two hustler antennas mounted on
the roof of my 2016 Dodge Durango. The operating position in the Durango was
comfortably snug but entrance and egress was not quick, especially for us
seasoned ops. This made operator changes a bit slow but the pileups didn't seem
to mind. We did manage to cover 25 counties opting near the end to go to rare
Polk county before Bradley. Time expired on us about 2 miles from the
Polk/Bradley county line. An unforseen traffic jam in Monroe County may have
delayed us just enough to miss Bradley. Next year. This route was a bit over
500 miles which is pretty ambitious for a 9-hour contest.

The pileups - amazing and almost non-stop. Many of our Thursday night NS
Sprinters called in, most notably:
WD0T,K7SS,N6ZFO,W6SX,W7OM,N6RO,W9RE,K4BAI,N8EA,N4DW and K8MR. Many other
friends also followed us such as:
VE3KZ,N9CK,K6MR,K1GQ,W1WBB,WN4AFP,DL3DXX,K9YC,N8BJQ and NW0M.

Thanks to everyone for the QSO's and making this so much fun. See you in the
next one.

73, Ted W4NZ for Gary K4VIG and Ned K1GU